Monday, May 11, 2009

And the Winner Is..........



A big thank you to everyone who left a comment and congratulated me on my 100th post! You have all made this so much fun and I sincerely thank you for all your support and encouragement!

Today is the day to select the name of the winner of my first "Give Back" .........



I was surprised to have so many entries and must thank those of you who posted my "Give Back" on your blog......I made sure to enter your names twice!



This celebratory contest enabled me to meet many more bloggers and blog readers and introduced me to numerous other inspirational and wonderful blogs......



I asked my daughter Kate to select one name from the hat.......Kate pulled out the name ..........."Stina".............

Looking back over my comments .... this is what Stina wrote:

Congratulations! Thanks to The feathered nest I just discovered your blog and your giveaway. I want to take part of it. I like vintage things, such as silky ribbons, wirework, mother of pearl, lace, funny metal pieces. Please, just send me something not too heavy, as I live in Sweden. May 11th is my birthday, so I'm hoping for a birthday present.
Your blog looks great with wonderful photos.
Stina

So, Congratulations to Stina in Sweden! and Happy Birthday too! I guess it was her lucky day! I think I have just the thing for Stina and will enjoy wrapping up her present.....it has a long trip ahead of it!

20 comments:

Carole said...

Congratulation to Stina...perfect timing being her birthday today. I'm sure you'll pick the perfect gift Laura. Look forward to checking out her blog.
Have a good night.
Hope you had a great Mother's Day yesterday.
Carole

Anything Goes Here said...

I add my congrats! Having a winner from Sweden just shows how close blogging brings the whole world. xo Joan

Anne Marie said...

NEAT! all the way to Sweden! that's so cool!!

Can't wait to 'visit' her too ;)

hey....what gift are you bestowing upon her?

Mindy said...

Congrats to Stina! I'm very much enjoying your blog since I discovered you, Laura. ~Mindy

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Congratulations Stina! What a beautiful country you must live in! Enjoy your prize!! :)

Ruth

Weißer Vintagezauber said...

Hello,
my congratulation to Stina.
Love greetings,
Elke.

The Feathered Nest said...

Congratulations Stina!!!! I know you will receive something beautiful for your birthday....thank you Laura for having such a fun giveaway ~ xxoo, Dawn

Les Cotrions said...

Congratulations Stina and happy birthday!
Vale

Allidink said...

Wow Sweden! What a nice birthday present for her.

All the best,
Allison

Rumour has it said...

Many congratulations to the lucky winner! And also happy birthday, Stina!
And we all hope to read some more 100 posts from you, Laura!! :D
Many greetings, Marjolijn

Veronica said...

Congrats to Stina.... yet another blog for me to check out!

What a fabulous hat. I would wear that while drinking Pimms on the lawn.

Floss said...

What a lovely birthday present! I think that all makes us feel better about not being the winners this time...
I love the way you and your daughter made the choice - very pretty. I shall have to think of an appropriately Franco-Scottish way to do my draw next week!

Crinoline said...

Good morning and congratiolations to Stina.Sweden is my neighbour country.

jade said...

Gongratulations to Stina - she´s very nice and she will be very happy with her present!!!!

Dear Laura, have a wonderful day,
Hugs Jade

marble rose said...

Lucky Stina! Weldone! Hope she lets us all know what her lovely treat is!!!!!

FLEUR
X

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

What perfect luck for Stina - happy birthday to her too.

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh what a lucky gal Stina is. Will you post a pic of what you sent to her after she receives it so we can all see what we missed!!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Congrats to Stina!

Happy week, Laura.
~Tracie

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there, oh what a lucky girl!! That is a long way to send a gift!! Hope your Mothers day was good, think we should do it 4 or 5 times a year, good idea?? Talk to you soon, Chrissy

Rosemary said...

That is so nice!!
Congrats to the winner!
Rosemary