Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wishing You Warm Christmas Greetings


An old pair of little girl's red wool gloves...
complete with tiny moth holes and charming signs of wear...

Did she carry her books home from school 
wearing these red wool gloves?
 Did she throw snowballs at her younger brother?

I remember how delighted I was when I found these
 in a booth at Brimfield about ten years ago.

It doesn't take much! :) 


Vintage show shoes and some old pointed wood skis
 in a battered old pack basket...
The snowshoes and pack basket came from the Adirondacks...
...the lovely wooden skis were a Christmas gift
 from my girlfriend Paula. 




Pretty red and white bow with twig of cotton seed pods....
(saved from Evi's present to me last year)

I am looking forward to next weekend when I will spend some much needed time with these two fun girls.
While in Connecticut, we will visit two other girlfriends and get to see their shops all decorated for Christmas...
Carole from Maynard Greenhouse and Deanna from Gather.

And finally...
... here are two more vintage Christmas postcards
just for You !



Wishing all good things for the week ahead!

:)

Last chance to enter the
Click HERE for a chance!

19 comments:

Hill Country House Girl said...

Love it all, but especially the old postcards. I have a small collection and they make me smile every year when I get them out to decorate. Merry Christmas!

Lorrie said...

Sweet and unique arrangements. I love the red gloves in the wreath laying on a piece of linen. So simple, so pretty. Christmas greetings to you, too!

Jamie said...

Love those mittens

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I so love your red gloves in your wreath ~ what a charming creation and imaginative thoughts to accompany it! Your whole blog is a wonderful feast of colors and whimsy! Blessings to you! ~ katie

Andy's Attic said...

Seeing how you put things together for your photographs I can only imagine how beautiful your home must be inside. Have fun with your friends!
Annette

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

This is so beautiful! Have a great time!

Judy

Susy said...

Isn't it wonderful your friends know what kind of gifts you'd like (: and why not write a story about the little red gloves (:

June said...

Love, love, love that basket full of beauty on your bench Laura!

It's me said...

Have a nice week darling..................love Ria.....

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

great idea with the snow shoes. I have a pair in my antique booth which have not sold...and an old apple basket...think I might just have to do this on my front porch! Your creativity inspires me as always.
deb
linens lace and lattes

Andi's English Attic said...

Charming.
We thrifters are easy to please. My mum was saying that all she could find in the charity shops were jars of buttons. WHAT? And she didn't GET them? That would be such an exciting gift for me to open on Christmas morning.
Thanks for your message about the animal homes. I have high hopes of getting a pooch next year. xx

La Maison said...

What a nice and beautiful post.
I wish a good week as well.

Hermine

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

That looks so beautiful! Have fun here in CT. Tell the girls I said hello:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Anonymous said...

Oh, the sweet little red mittens, and I too wonder who wore them as you said so eloquently, and your right it doesen't take much to put me in a happy, nostalgic mood of wonder!!
Celeste, The Victorian Tailor

Vintage Gal said...

The little red gloves are adorable. It does make you wonder who wore them and where ~ doesn't it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vintage Christmas Cards.

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

.. LOVE the postcards ... I collect old ones too .. love your blog, so fun ... especially when you refer to Mr. Flea ... Merry Christmas.

Olive said...

You have the best cards.

Anonymous said...

Laura, you always take the prettiest photos!
Hugs, Diane

sweetpea said...

charming laura. always charming. merry christmas.

hugs,

shelley